Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Invasion

A.K.A., "Ahhh, the joys of living right on the edge of the woods..."
We discovered a little critter had found a home on Raelee's scalp. It had been there long enough to start ballooning up, but we didn't let it stay there much longer!

After performing some minor outpatient surgery (tweezers, a toothpick and a lighter), I managed to extricate the little blood-sucker.

Raelee was such a trooper! She laid in my lap very still and simply enjoyed laying in my lap. Daniel was the one freaking out and even said at one point, "I can't look!" (That's when I lit the toothpick and applied the hot toothpick onto the back of the tick.) He was so worried about his little sister. So sweet.

Much better now. Got the tick out easily once I put the burning toothpick onto its back. It didn't like that one bit. Good thing because I didn't like it attached to my little girl's head!

1 comment:

Charly said...

Eeeeeeeeeew!!! Poor kiddo! I gotta say though, when you said critter in her hair I was thinking lice. Having a tick in her hair is MUCH better than lice!!! And also, gotta laugh that you took pictures! Haha.