Friday, June 5, 2009

Catching Fireflies

We've been noticing more & more fireflies lighting up around our house in the evenings. The kids would get so excited to see them. So last night we let the kids grab the butterfly net and catch fireflies. They had a blast!

Here's one of the fireflies we caught in the butterfly net. The kids did a great job taking turns and having Joshua or I catch fireflies as well. There were 5 fireflies in the net at one point!

See that yellow speck? It's a firefly! I took random shots towards the woods to see if I could catch one by camera. There were so many of them, right along the edge of the woods and our driveway, flickering their little yellow lights.


Fun times! Daniel caught several fireflies and was so proud of himself! It made for a great FREE family activity (those are sometimes the best!).

No comments: