This morning, I awoke to see a light dusting of snow on my front porch (see picture above). I was so excited and so ready to play hooky from work. The winter weather began about 8 hours after the weathermen said it would begin, so that meant I had to go to work. Bummer. I kept my fingers crossed all day that the snow would come in a big way so I could leave work early. Joshua and the kids drove me to work. The roads weren't bad at all this morning, but who knew what they would look like at the end of the day. Joshua took the kids outside to play in the snow. I felt quite envious. This is the first snow of 2009 and the first significant snowfall in about 4 years (we've had flurries here and there but nothing like this), meaning the first time the kids could truly experience a "winter wonderland."
The plant manager finally announced at 1pm that we were shutting down for 2nd and 3rd shift, so I called Joshua up and asked him to pick me up at 3pm. With the snow & ice on the roads, he arrived at 3:25pm. It was so enchanting driving home and seeing the snow fall and the blanket of snow covering everything. As soon as we got home, we put on our heavy coats, tobogans and mittens and headed outside. I had to take a picture of the snow that had gently settled on some 3-year-old pine trees near our house. Awesome!
I love the way the snow settled on the trees and the landscape. Here is a shot of Daniel and the trees in the woods behind our house.
Daniel and I really tried to make a snowman. The snow just was not going to cooperate since it wasn't wet enough. It was so powdery and light, unlike any we've had here since we moved to North Carolina in 2002. So say hello to Mr. Snowblob. He was about a foot tall and oh so cute. :) Soon after taking a picture of Mr. Snowblob, our dog Copper proceeded to walk up to him and mark his territory, knocking off Mr. Snowblob's lip in the process. Watch out for that yellow snow!
On the way home from work, Daniel asked me if I would make a snow angel with him. So we made sure to make one side-by-side. Yes, that's me, the headless mommy in the blue coat up above! :)
We had so much fun out in the snow and spent an hour and a half having a good time before finally heading into the house. Copper enjoyed chewing on and playing with the sticks all throughout the yard. Raelee and Daniel even took some time to relax on the swingset. I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to make memories with my children. The temperature is supposed to be about 40 degrees tomorrow, so all the snow will begin to melt away. Thank goodness for pictures!
1 comment:
SO EXCITING! I want ONE snow day here...just one.
Post a Comment