Thursday, November 20, 2008

One Little Indian

Daniel's preschool had their Thanksgiving Feast yesterday. The parents and family members of the 4-year-old and kindergarten classes all brought food for a good old-fashioned potluck dinner. I made a corn casserole. I arrived 5 minutes before the start of the lunch and there was hardly any food on the table. I didn't think that there would be enough. But soon enough all the parents arrived with their food and the Thanksgiving Feast table was loaded!! We had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn casserole (of course!), green beans, rolls, fruit salad and pumpkin pie.

All the kids dressed up like Indians, except for one 4-year-old class that dressed up like Pilgrims. The kids sang a few songs and then they all put their hands together and said the cutest little prayer.


The table top decorations were all made by the kids--a totem pole, homemade Indian corn (made with beads) and a placemat with a Thanksgiving poem and turkey made with finger paint.

We all ate really good, an easy thing to do since there was so much food readily available. Daniel surprised me by eating really well. What else is a hungry little Indian boy supposed to do, right? :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

How fun! Emily's Thanksgiving party is on Monday and I am excited to go and be with her. Fortunately we're not doing a big fancy meal. We're just doing a bunch of finger foods for the kids.

The Smiths said...

My goodness! DeAna! It's Lacey Smith! I found your page on Charly's blog. Gosh, your kids are HUGE! Can't believe it's been so long since we've heard from you.
CHeck us out at www.foreverthesmiths@blogspot.com. Hope to hear from you soon!
Lacey