Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Yes, We Are Alive

My friends, I have some advice for you. Yes, my friends, that advice is this: do not move to North Carolina! At least, don't move to Wayne County, North Carolina. There is definitely an awful, awful bug going around, and Joshua and I have both picked it up. For me, it started out as bronchitis and eventually turned into pneumonia. I am on my 2nd round of antibiotics. For Joshua, he just got pneumonia. He is on his 3rd round of antibiotics. At one point, I had severe chest pains that lasted two days and were very sharp whenever I took a breath (so about every second or two, at least). That's when the doctor put me on the 2nd round of antibiotics. Thankfully, the chest pains are completely gone and I am not running a fever any longer. Joshua has not slept in our bed in about three weeks. He can't sleep laying down flat without having terrible coughing fits, so he has to sleep sitting up in the recliner, not the most comfortable of positions. It seems as though everyone I know has gone through the same illness and the general consensis is that it took about 3 months for everything to go away. Yikes! At that rate, it'll be Spring by the time I start to feel better! Joshua and I are very thankful that the kids have not gotten sick. If we're both not feeling well, then the last thing we want is for the kids to suffer as well. So, remember my friends, do not move to North Carolina! Don't even visit. Treat it like the plague. That is, at least until the pneumonia bug is gone. :-)

2 comments:

Charly said...

GET WELL SOON!!! {{{HUGS}}}

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all of your family's illnesses. I Hope you and Josh start to feel better soon!