
So the weather forecast is that Hurricane Hanna will be coming sometime Friday night. Wayne County Public Schools are closing at 12pm on Friday afternoon. That by itself doesn't affect our family. However, because the public schools are closing early, Raelee's Kinder Kottage is closing at 12:30pm, and Daniel's Protestant Preschool & Kindergarten is closing at 11:00am. Joshua has decided to stay home for the day so he can pick the kids up at school closure time. Governor Easley or someone requested that all public schools in Eastern NC close early, "to give parents time to prepare for the hurricane" Friday evening. I guess if you already have your food storage, 72-hour kits, emergency contact #'s, and everything else, then you don't have to worry about spending Friday evening getting prepared!! The only thing I plan on doing Friday evening is unplugging my computer. Our house was struck by lightning a few weeks ago, and it messed up my PC slightly (I cannot plug in directly to the wireless router any longer; I have to use a remote USB cable...not sure what it all means).
Anyhow, I'll try to keep everyone posted. Hurricane Hanna is supposed to make landfall just South of Wilmington, which is only about 1 1/2 hrs Southeast of us. Once Hanna passes, then we get to look forward to Ike's visit. The ground will be quite saturated when Ike arrives, so we'll see how the next week or so goes!!
From WRAL.com:
- Tropical storm warning issued for all of N.C. coast
Despite sunny skies, coastal counties asked for residents to evacuate voluntarily and planned to open shelters. Gov. Mike Easley declared a state of emergency for all of North Carolina ahead of Tropical Storm Hanna and Hurricane Ike.
Updated 5 minutes ago
Hanna to blow through Triangle Saturday
Attorney general warns of scams, price gouging - StoryHanna to blow through Triangle Saturday Updated 32 minutes ago Read Story Video Slideshow
- StoryEmergency officials prepare as Hanna heads northwest Updated at 4:22 p.m. Read Story Video Slideshow
- StoryHanna-spawned erosion threatens beach homes Sep. 3, 2008 Read Story Video
- StoryUtilities protect power lines from potential storm damage Sep. 3, 2008 Read Story Video
1 comment:
I hope that you guys stay safe! I know what you mean about preparedness. I felt about as prepared as we could be with Gustav coming, but we got lucky and he changed course, so maybe you guys will get lucky, too!
Post a Comment