Monday, April 6, 2009

The Kitchen Invaders


The warm, Spring weather turned on us this evening as the cold front passed through. That meant covering up our plants and seeds out in the garden.

I have two glass garden cloches that I bought last year, but needed more, just hadn't bought any due to $$$. So I had cut up a couple milk jugs to make home-made garden cloches.

Raelee found one of these milk jug cloches as I was covering the red leaf lettuce. And voila! Instant chef's hat! Daniel, of course, had to have his own chef' hat, too.

After covering up the garden, it was time to make supper. Tonight's meal was going to be super simple--chicken noodle soup & peanut butter/jelly on toast. Daniel had his first baseball practice today, and it was 6-7pm, which meant no time for eating a real meal before or after. But lo & behold, as soon as I cracked open the can of soup, Daniel insisted he was going to cook it up. After all, he was a chef now that he had his special hat!

And who was I to argue? :)

Daniel & Raelee cooking up some Lightning McQueen Chicken Noodle Soup (with adult supervision, of course!!). :D I actually couldn't believe I allowed them to do this. I'm quite the protective mother hen, and I usally don't like the kids in the kitchen because they tend to run around, bang cabinet doors, and tell me about everything they need me to do. But they were being so good and cooperative with each other...must have been the magic hats!

2 comments:

Charly said...

So cute!

Melissa said...

So cute! Emily loves to help out in the kitchen, too, and even though she usually drives me crazy, I let her help every now and then!