Thursday, September 16, 2010

Baby's First Picture


7 1/2 weeks gestation
You can juuussstttt make out the head and arm buds in the center of the ultrasound!!!
Still way too soon to know whether we're having a boy or a girl, but it's definitely just one baby. Heartbeat was 143/min. Baby measured right at 7 weeks. Official due date is 4/28/10.
Feeling mostly well, overall. I had lost weight according to the scale at the doctor's office. But that is typical for me during the 1st trimester.
I don't have traditional morning sickness and haven't yet. Mostly, it's a voracious appetite and a really gnawing pain if I don't eat a little something every couple hours. You'd think that I'd at least gain weight during my 1st trimester with as much food as I end up having to eat! But it doesn't happen that way for me.
I'm sticking to as many healthy choices as I can in regards to eating and activity level. They say, "make every calorie count"!! So a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables, watching how the food is prepared (ignoring the KFC extra crispy chicken that I had for supper tonight because there was no time to cook a meal before going to Enrichment meeting tonight). Also going to the park on Saturday mornings and playing hop-scotch with the kids.
Daniel & Raelee love their baby "something." Daniel's rooting for a brother; Raelee for a sister. Of course. Joshua and I are trying to prepare them in case the baby is not the gender that they would each prefer. Daniel's "ok" with having a sister, but Raelee is dead set against having a brother because she "only likes girls." (yes, she is a firm believer that boys have cooties!)
We gave away a lot of stuff after Raelee was born because of lack of room, but knowing at the same time that we'd have to replace if we had more kids. So we recently bought a baby swing. Need to buy an infant car seat/carrier, crib, bassinette (I really thought I kept this but Joshua couldn't find it in the attic) and load up on diapers while I have some time before the baby arrives.
Aside from getting up 3 or 4 times during the night to pee (*sigh*), I feel like I'm carrying around a bowling ball. The baby's about the size of a butter bean, though. Craziness. And that appetite, oh drives me crazy because I just ate supper a couple hours ago and now I'm starving again!! I'll be so happy when the 1st trimester is over and my metabolism levels out so I can eat like a normal person again. :)
TTFN, ta ta for now!

2 comments:

Charly said...

Congratulations DeAna and family! What super exciting news! I wish we lived closer so I could give you all the things we're giving away as Tabi outgrows them. Take care of yourself and get lots of rest while you can. {{HUGS}}

DeAna said...

Too sweet!!! I wished I lived closer, too, but not so I could get your stuff! haha :) I just miss being in TX near everyone and all the things I love.