Saturday, February 13, 2010

5 Inches!!!!!

We woke up to a magical world this morning--white-out conditions!!


The snow began yesterday evening but really started to come down right as we put the kids to bed last night. It stuck to everything as it continued to come down.


I took a ruler and measured the snow accumulation on our table out on the deck. We were supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow for our area. Low & behold we got 5!

Both kids were eager to play outside. Raelee especially wanted to have a snowball fight. In fact, it's about all she cared to do. She kept talking about it and would grab a handful of snow and throw her snowball at me. Kind of hard to take pictures when you're constantly bombarded by snowballs!
The kids and I took a little adventure out in the woods behind our house. They were in heaven!

Daniel insisted on toting the wagon with him, but I finally made him stop as we headed deeper into the woods.

We found dad's deer stand. Daniel made sure to climb up it and cleaned off all the steps. When he got to the top, he declared, "It's just like I'm hunting!" He is very excited for the day that he gets to go hunting with his daddy.

And here's Raelee saying, "Throw a snowball at me!" I told you it's all she could talk about. And the snow was PERFECT for snowballs. Our snow usually is icy and doesn't stick to itself very well. But this time the snow was ideal for snowballs and snowmen, although we didn't get a chance to make a snowman and the snow started melting almost as soon as the sun rose above the house.


The kids did make snow angels, of course!


1 comment:

Charly said...

FUN!!! Great pictures of your snowy adventure.