Sunday, August 16, 2009

Blueberry Pancake Day

Saturday morning, I decided to make breakfast for the family instead of the usual cereal or pop tarts. I asked the kids what they wanted, and the resounding result was pancakes. Joshua's not a fan of pancakes, but since I rarely make them, I decided to whip some up since the kids really were excited about getting pancakes.

I also had about a half pint of blueberries in the fridge that needed to get used up. So I decided to make semi-homemade blueberry pancakes. I call them semi-homemade because I used a pancakemix, but the blueberries were real. :)

Raelee helped make the pancakes. She mixed the batter and helped fold in the blueberries. As soon as one was ready, I had to cut it up so she could dig in!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Don't sell yourself short - At my house, any pancakes that are not microwaveable are "real." They look yummy!